I'm Not As Cool As I Think I Am
After 8 months of 6 work days a week, I am on vacation. With little time or energy to prepare sartorially, I cobbled together the perfect uniform:
Bikini and 50 SPF sunshirt, tossed frantically into my online Lands' End shopping cart while ordering swim trunks for my son a mere week before departure thinking how either Lands' End is cooler than it used to be, or I'm not a cool as I think I am to be ordering this stuff for myself but ultimately not giving a shit.
- Cheap Cherokee canvas slip,on shoes from Target boys' department, SCORE!
- Leather flip flops purchased in Tulum several years ago, j'adore.
- 15 year-old cut off J Crew khaki's, I've had a lot of fun in these shorts. They are frayed and stained and soft-I'm deeply committed to them.
- Leather belt purchased in Florence, Italy in the 1980's. A belt with soul.
- Straw cowboy hat - a filthy sweat stained hat that was here at our rented villa, worn by GOD KNOWS WHO. I love it.
- Cheap sunglasses. I can't be trusted with anything but.
- Starbucks Via instant coffee. The coffee here sucks.
My beauty regimen consists of Neutrogena AgeShield face SPF 110 ( desperately trying not to look like as though I'm old enough to have bought a belt in the 1980's)